Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Mozilla is looking for a Senior Full Stack Web Developer for MDN to help us with maintaining and evolving the open-source platform behind the web standard documentation developers love. On MDN, we strive to provide developers with the information they need to easily build on the open web using standards, and we have a real passion for helping our fellow developers.
As a senior developer on this team, you will work closely with team members from a variety of disciplines such as writers, UX, product management, and marketing (design) to build and evolve MDN and other parts of Mozilla’s tech stack. We also hope you will coach and mentor team members and volunteers who contribute to the MDN platform (and learn from them too).
- Highly experienced in front-end and backend web development in a professional capacity, preferably on a high-volume site or web application.
- Experience coding with Python/Django
- Designing, building, and using web-based REST APIs
- Experience developing within the Node.js ecosystem
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable working with Git & GitHub
- Good knowledge of the continuous deployment and integration process.
- Experience with large scale software projects – source code control, continuous integration, documentation. It would be extremely helpful to know fundamentals of Docker, Jenkins, multi-branch pipelines, AWS (Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS, IAM, etc.), Kubernetes.
- Prior experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban or similar development methodology.
- Experience working with UI/UX designers
- Ability to work productively on a remote, geographically distributed team
- Share knowledge with team and mentor junior members of the team.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll be part of our developer relations team, alongside folks who create content, work on events, and do outreach directly with tech audiences around the world. Our team is mostly remote and meeting hours tend to span the Central European to the Pacific time zones (early evening in Europe/UK, morning on the West Coast of the US).
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!