Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) (19-195)
Home Based, Remote
Go behind the scenes in Spok’s Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video, Transforming an Industry. You’ll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You’ll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
This role is responsible for migrating data on customer upgrades (Oracle Data Pump), configuring Oracle High Availability (Data Guard – Fast Start Failover), Oracle database administration in a Linux environment, Performing ETL operations and loading customer’s data into the Spok database (sqlldr, SQL, PL/SQL), trouble shooting and assisting Support with database issues, HL7 – ADT patient feed installation and troubleshooting, Database Interfaces, configuring Linux services that pertain to DBS related activities (knowledge of bash, vi, mailx, iptables, sftp, etc.), and general database duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Configurations of SQL/Oracle products (Data Guard, Fast Start Failover).
- Assisting Support with database issues and database switchovers/failovers.
- Researching new SQL/Oracle products and how they integrate with Spok products.
Loading Customer Data:
- Migration data from old application to new environment (Data Pump).
- During the implementation or upgrade process the DBA will load the customer data in the Spok schema.
- This also includes developing or installing any customer data interfaces (sqlldr, SQL, PL/SQL).
- Works with customers when dealing with database and data related issues.
- Explaining our database functionality and coordinating database and data projects.
- Communicates with various Spok departments regarding their roles and performance requirements.
- Directs and performs follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction.
- Creates and maintains process, standards, upgrade documentation, failover documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university and 2 years’ experience or Master’s degree; or a Technical Degree and 4 years of comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer Science preferred.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong experience in SQL or Oracle 11g and 12c database experience
- Experience as a DBA
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Experience in ETL operations and data integrations between various systems
- Knowledge of Data Pump Export & Import
- Knowledge of Functions, Procedures and Triggers
- Knowledge of Backup and Recovery procedures, Database Switchovers (RMAN, Data Guard, Fast Start Failover)
- Linux Shell Scripting (Bash, and Vi)
- Database Performance Tuning
- Understanding of Oracle Network
- Understanding of new system implementation and installation processes
- HL7 – ADT Patient feed experience
- Medical Institution experience
- Customer Service oriented. Prior experience in computer terminology and practices
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work in a team. Able to maintain a pleasant manner in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Willing to identify, own, and solve problems independently and as part of a team. Strives to become a self-directed, productive team member, serving as a positive agent of change
- Demonstrated understanding of impact of current, new and proposed product features
- Oracle Certification a plus
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!