Senior Principal Software Engineer
Sr Principal Software Engineer – Secureworks – Platform Engineering – Cloud – Tampa, FL; Austin, TX; OR US Remote
- Austin, Texas, United States
- Remote – Texas, United States
Sr. Principal Software Engineer – Platform Engineering – Cloud
Location: United States Remote
Secureworks (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience. www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about what’s next. We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
In this exciting and new role, you will work on the next generation of Secureworks’ security platform. You’ll join a team of software engineers, security experts, and data scientists, and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with an emphasis on integrating with cloud provider security controls like AWS GuardDuty/CloudTrail, Azure, GCP, etc. This role requires a software developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software as a secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solution across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Developing core platform capabilities for an innovative new platform.
- Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and bring them to fruition.
- Creating monitoring and benchmarking for performant and resilient deployments.
- Contributing to the API design for all upcoming features.
- Interacting with both internal and external development teams.
- Constantly raising the bar of engineering practices across the team.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience, including building/scaling large throughput systems.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Golang.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience with Kubernetes.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud providers.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Kubernetes API extension points and Kubernetes network plugins (e.g. CRDs, Open Service Broker, Controllers, Istio, Calico, Flannel).
- Computer or information security background or experience.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Athena/Presto, Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo, etc).
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!