Senior Product Designer
Title: Senior Product Designer
- Location: Remote
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
We’re bringing a big idea to life at the intersection of content and commerce. As a Senior Product Designer reporting to the Head of Product, you’ll help us refine the implementation of our product vision and bring to life great customer experiences. You will be challenged to think holistically for our many stakeholders. You will relevate shopping experiences and help partners visualize their success and opportunities. And above all else, you will create meaningful work that will have immediate scale, shipping to thousands of partners and millions of customers.
You are motivated to deliver deliberate and functional customer experiences. You are ego-free and strive to improve the work by taking feedback and asking questions. You can self-manage your time and thrive in an environment absent of micromanagement. You have a growth mindset, have fun delivering great work, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with leadership to influence the direction of our product
- Help us deliver the best ecommerce experience so we can create joy in the process of product discovery
- Leverage user-centered design expertise to create delightful experiences
- Work with our Product team to influence and establish design goals and information architecture
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering managers to ensure feasibility and help shape scope and direction
- Deliver customer journey visualizations and production-ready work for our engineering team
- Help maintain and grow our design system so we can stay productive and consistent as the team grows
- Help establish standards and guidelines for fit and finish across multiple products so we can maintain cohesion and familiarity
- Mentor visual designers on how you approach work and best practices for user experience design
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years experience as a product designer
- Consistent communication skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively with engineers, product designers, and leadership
- Ability to self-manage time, set expectations, and proactively communicate on timelines
- Experience working with e-commerce and consumer-facing products
- A willingness to think strategically alongside the product team as you make contributions across multiple products tuned for unique stakeholders
- Demonstrable fluency with Figma, Sketch, or other design tools
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce company in a similar role or experience at an agency
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks (i.e. React)
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with a creative solution. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 7 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our COO or CEO over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27 Thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Weekly happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, quarterly company Hack Days , monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (even while remote!)
- When We’re Back at the Office:
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice take a jog to clear your mind!
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
By the numbers…
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. If you’re passionate about your work, we’d love to hear from you!
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!