Senior Product Manager, SEO
Yelp’s web pages are seen by users over 100M times per month on our mission to connect people with great local businesses. The cutting edge SEO team has been key in helping Yelp achieve this kind of user traffic as we find new and innovative ways to increase market share in search engines. The team you’ll work with is a group of talented engineers, PMs, and SEO veterans who have built an industry leading technical system and experimentation platform. We are consistently innovating, whether we’re building out new page-types or automating technical processes.
Yelp is looking for a remote product manager to work with our skilled team of content creators, engineers, and designers to create new content types that increase our breadth of coverage within search engines. This person will help us build a best-in-class user experience that captures a user’s attention along each step of the user discovery process. You will be responsible for the product you’re working on end to end, and will be able to make fast decisions with the full support of the team.
Starting week one, you’ll jump right in and be responsible for two main initiatives already in progress. These new initiatives lay the foundation for new types of content for users to discover via search engines. After the first 90 days, you will start planning and building new types of content. This will culminate in the development and leading of a long term strategy for new types of discoverable content at Yelp.
Where you come in
- Research search trends and come up with new ways to service user needs
- Develop a roadmap of new page types and content types that will attract a wide range of users to Yelp
- Prioritize and execute with our all-star engineering team to implement and roll out new features
- Lead large cross-team initiatives that will be fundamental to the future of our business
- Communicate, coordinate, and align with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. Thrive in an ever changing landscape, going from a meeting ideating on new ways to improve a design to a meeting with engineers asking implementation questions about your feature specs.
- Be authentic, play well with others, and have a strong bias to action
What it Takes to Succeed
- Several years of product management and SEO experience working on websites that see 5M+ visitors a month
- Strong track record of researching, building, and launching successful SEO landing pages that provide meaningful customer value
- A strong business sense that allows you to forecast and communicate SEO impact
- You have a customer and Search Engine obsession where you genuinely care for our customers and know the ever changing needs of surfacing Yelp’s content on Search Engines
- A great design sense that gives you the ability to clearly convey a product vision
- You enjoy working cross-functionally on initiatives that will be fundamental to the future of our business
- You understand how to navigate high ambiguity and risk, running experiments and launching scaled down projects that develop a path to larger initiatives
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- £58 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Quarterly offsites
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!