Senior Provider Data Specialist
Title: SCA Senior Provider Data Specialist – US Telecommute
Location: Shelton Connecticut United States
Division: OptumServe Admin
Contest Number: 839154
Family: Network Management
Function: Provider Data Integrity
Region: North America
Country: United States
Other States: Connecticut Texas Arizona Minnesota
Other Cities: Hartford Dallas Phoenix Minneapolis
Employee Status: Regular
JobLevel: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Telecommuter Position: Yes
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that makeUnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday. Join us and you’ll play a key role in managing data about the physicians and specialists who are part of our provider networks. This role will put you on a team of incredibly talented technology and business professionals. You’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
Get ready for some significant challenge. You’ll work on technical projects that require you to perform as a consultant; supporting implementation, loading contracts and troubleshooting non – standard automation piece.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am-9:30am start times). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Help manage provider data and maintain and improve databases
- Reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses
- Coordinate corrective activities to clean database and retain users
- Manage communication processes with other departments regarding database improvements
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years experience in the health care industry
- 2+ years of data entry experience
- Prior customer service experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in tracking, trending and reporting on metrics
- Undergraduate degree (or higher)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint (Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save)
- 2+ years of medical coding experience
- Proficiency with medical terminology
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!