Senior Risk Policy Analyst
Senior Risk Policy Analyst
OPERATIONS – RISK
WePay is rapidly growing and is actively seeking a Senior Risk Policy Analyst to be a part of its risk team. If you are passionate about building risk policy for a growing online payment team, making thoughtful business decisions and mentoring individuals to grow, this may be the right role for you.
WePay risk is growing its risk policy team to match a growing portfolio of small and medium businesses. The Senior Risk Policy Analyst will help create new risk policies and modify existing policies for the growing merchant portfolio. This role will work directly with senior risk management to come up with credit and fraud risk policies, and contribute directly to WePay’s financial and regulatory goals. In addition, this role will help shape WePay’s risk procedures and products to align with risk policy.
In this position, you will constantly be faced with challenging and interesting policy decisions that will impact and influence the bottom line of the company. That means no two days are the same. The individual who joins this team will have a chance to work in the areas of risk product, policy, detection, and analytics, as well as influence credit risk and fraud review teams. You will have an opportunity to expand your skills and be able to determine your future career path.
Please note that this position can be remote, or it can be seated in our office in Providence, Rhode Island.
What You Will Do
- Create and modify risk and underwriting policies based on portfolio risk and market needs
- Make decisions on the direction of risk management based on and supported by data
- Prepare appropriate documentation and update internal software programs pertaining to policy decision changes
- Work with analytics and reporting teams to come up with new credit risk policy for WePay’s high exposure merchant portfolio
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, and data science teams to ensure risk policy decisions are included in product and process changes
- Discuss and communicate policy decisions to management as necessary
- Collaborate with risk operations teams to ensure policy changes are operational downstream
- Assist product teams in creating risk-mitigating controls as appropriate
- Other duties as needed
What We Are Looking For
- MUST have 3+ years of experience building and overseeing risk policy at a payments company or in financial services
- Demonstrable experience in making and executing sound risk policy decisions, especially using both data and good judgment
- Analytical skills (SQL, Excel) and database experience a huge plus
- Experience working with product and engineering teams a plus
- Experience in working with rule engines a plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong email communication skills
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, GoFundme, Meetup and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!