Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer – Work From Home Option
Los Angeles or Remote, USA
Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We’ve offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We’ve given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Omaze was recently named one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company, #1 in the Social Good Category
What’s Different About Us:
- Big Impact – You will a part of the Omaze team mission of people dedicated to making a difference by raising money for charities all over the world
- Growth – We are in a growth phase and you will be influential in scaling our engineering organization and helping build the next great thing
- Unique Culture – We live by our virtues. We have a mission unlike any other company and have the opportunity to be the best at what we do. We have already raised over $130 million for charities.
- Glassdoor CEO rating is 100% and 84% “Recommend to a Friend”
- Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, but we are open to fully remote workers within the continental US (PST time zone preferred but not required)
- We dream the world better!
Who we are Seeking:
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will collaborate with the engineering organization to develop and manage infrastructure used in building and deploying Omaze’s various products and services. You will develop, document and implement automated development infrastructures for our customers (build automation, deployment automation, test environments, development environments). You will be a champion of best practices of implementing well-documented, tested and organized systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the continuous integration process, deployment process, systems reliability and scalability including reporting, configuration and deployment of solutions.
- Iterate on aspects of deployment and technical operations including risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
- Be a technical expert, providing technical consultation, and architectural support to our developers and project teams
- As a team, develop and document standards and best practices
- Interpret complex issues and clearly communicate them to others
- Continuously stay abreast of existing and emerging DevOps technologies and tools
- Proactively keep systems updated with upgrades and patches to ensure best performance and security
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong experience managing enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS), including ECS, RDS, Route53, and VPC networking and security in single and multi-region zones.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes and the cloud native ecosystem
- Experience implementing and managing CI/CD automation for cloud services
- Experience with the Well-Architected Framework is a plus.
- Experience managing infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Experience managing VPNs, and integrating them with VPCs.
- Experience monitoring systems using services like Cloudwatch.
- Experience working with developers in moving monitoring, logging, and alerting to earlier in the development cycle.
- History of using and iterating on standards and processes that proactively prevent problems from occurring using best practices (e.g. – disaster recovery, backup, archiving, risk management).
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals (product, marketing, subject matter experts, etc).
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about crafting amazing user experiences.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and are able to be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!