Senior Software Engineer, iOS
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app — one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge technology to personalize travel for our ever expanding population of members.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
- Create delightful user experiences in our app (iOS)
- Work in a complex dynamic environment with a rich API tier
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experience at scale
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Experience mentoring and leading people at different stages in their career
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!