Senior Software Engineer – Roku
Title: Senior Software Engineer
- Roku OTT
- Location: Remote
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel: A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook: America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG: The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing: A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino: Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet: A world-class betting platform
- PokerStars: The premier online poker product
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others.
As a senior engineer your primary responsibility will be development of an innovative and growing Roku OTT platform. The platform distributes real-time and on-demand video as well as highly integrated personalized content. As senior engineer you will need a core understanding of streaming technologies, system design, Roku device development and App store distribution
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You work in project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers.
- You own parts of product and technology and become subject matter experts.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You help balance customer requirements with the team requirements.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews.
- You classify, store, and handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- You take on projects and make software enhancements that improve the team software and processes.
- You work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You are able to train new team-mates on how your team’s software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
- You foster a constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way.
- You help recruit and interview for your team.
- You estimate stories/tasks accurately and deliver them in time.
- You mentor and help to develop others.
- You keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, you are; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Building Roku Apps (Brightscript, Scenegraph).
- Release process of native apps on AppStore and web apps on production systems.
- Integrations with third party systems and API’s
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience writing functional tests
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Building tvOS and Android TV native applications.
- Integrating frontend Apps with Analytics systems (e.g. Amplitude).
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, AWS or GCP.
- Fundamental understanding in streaming technologies and protocols.
- The importance of platform stability with a user facing product.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning.
As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don’t tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!