Senior Software Programmer
You enjoy programming for complex data platforms with transactional workflows and zero tolerance for production errors. We believe that happy people produce better results for themselves and the collective team. We believe and value empowering people to work on something they enjoy — thus applicants likely would want to have an interest in serving campaigns, churches, ministries, non-profits, and schools.
5 Tasks & responsibilities
- Write well-designed, testable code, commit work to GitHub and write tests for existing and created code to ensure compatibility and stability.
- Work in friendly agile team, collaborative, engineering environment with continuous delivery.
- Review the work of other engineers providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Work with the team to upgrade, troubleshoot, and debug, existing systems.
- Continuously increase knowledge and skills (including relevant codebase languages, frameworks, & tools).
4 Skills & experience the candidate must have
- Full-stack programming experience on a platform serving at least thousands of users (Strongly prefer Ruby on Rails and/or React).
- Minimum 5 years working in an agile team-oriented development environment with peer code reviews.
- Strong familiarity with Postgres or equivalent DB.
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science, math, or related field a plus).
3 Ways the candidate will be evaluated
- App performance
- Code contribution and quality (Git metrics)
- Communication, teamwork, documentation, and completeness of work; aka “responsible and cool to work with” (peer review)
- $120,000 – $160,000 based on experience
- Unlimited PTO w/ 18 days per year minimum
- Remote work from CA, FL, LA, MD, OH, TX, or WA
- Fitness, Wellness, Home-office, and CSA
Software Engineers work on our Engineering team as part of the Product team. The Product and Growth teams are operated by our CEO and Directors of Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Success respectively.
- Operations (Accounts, Finance, Service)
- Product (Design, DevOps, Engineering )
- Growth (Marketing, Outreach, Success)
We’re rooted in Southern Louisiana but operate as a remote-first company that supports our team living in Texas, California, Washington, Ohio, Maryland, and Florida. We’ve got an old fashioned commitment to honor and excellence in what we do, and our customer-first hospitality is described as welcoming, courteous, helpful, respectful, and kind. We’re the type of people whom you count on to do what is right and have your back.
- Ruby (Rails)
- AWS Cloud platform
- Sidekiq Enterprise for workers/jobs/queues
- Testing tools/frameworks
- GitHub Actions
Location: Remote work from select US States: CA, FL, LA, MD, OH, TX, or WA
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!