Senior Technical Program Manager
Senior Technical Program Manager
- Thrive Global San Francisco, 470 Bryant Street, San Francisco, California 94107, USA
Location – San Francisco, NY, or Remote
Thrive Global is changing the way people live through our behavior change platform and apps used to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. As the Senior Technical Program Manager, reporting to the CTO, you’ll move fluidly from the big picture to small details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines.
Who We Are Looking For
- You are a bridge and a connector for the company.
- You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive.
- You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You are comfortable managing numerous high-level technical projects simultaneously.
- You build trust across the organization.
- You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
How You’ll Contribute
- Program manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional technology projects.
- Interface with the Chief Technology Officer, Chief Operating Officer, product managers, designers, engineering leaders, engineers, and 3rd party partners to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Act as Scrum Master for at least one product delivery team bringing your Agile background and experience to help the team effectively and efficiently drive product development work through the pipeline.
- Recommend and help implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
- Improve product development and delivery. Mentor project management skills within our product and engineering leadership team.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Technical Program Manager or engineering manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Experience successfully managing 3rd party partners.
- Experienced in project management and managing at least 3 projects at once. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, enterprise tech startup.
- Technical program management experience at an established company with a strong TPM team.
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
What We Offer
- A mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, vision and dental coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!