Senior Technical Support Engineer
Senior Technical Support Engineer
ANYWHERE IN US
- Do you thrive helping customers solve their most challenging technical problems? Articulate is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer who is committed to making the support experience amazing.
You’re an ideal candidate if:
- You’re a sharp, knowledgeable technician with charisma and a genuine love for people that lets you disarm your angriest customer.
- You’re a recognized leader and escalation point for our customer-facing teams.
- You’re passionate about owning and resolving cases yourself, but humble enough to know when to ask for help.
- And you’re flexible, collaborative, patient, open to feedback, proactive, and able to manage projects from start to finish.
What you’ll do when you’re here
- Take on our customers’ most challenging technical problems after our Support Engineers have exhausted all other options
- Delight the customer, and remind them why they chose Articulate
- Coach and lead other team members, always demonstrating patience and empathy
- Be proactive and deadline-driven, manage your time well, be organized, and propose creative solutions
- Reproduce and isolate bugs before involving QA
- Write high-quality bug reports
- Help the engineering team prioritize bugs
- Test products when asked, and act as a customer advocate
- Demonstrate extreme flexibility by working outside of set hours to accommodate the needs of customers globally
- Write detailed client instructions and contribute to the Articulate knowledge base
- Use Salesforce to record, track, and close cases
- Be so knowledgeable, versatile, and humble that you can back up every other role on the team
What you’ll bring with you
- You have five years of experience in technical support or a combined five years of support with IT and/or software development roles.
You are a digital native; you innately possess a deep and broad knowledge of all things technical, including but not limited to:
- Extensive experience with Windows, Office, and a wide variety of Windows applications, including experience troubleshooting installation problems and examining Windows Event Logs. Mac/Parallels experience is a plus.
- Experience with iOS and Android devices.
- Web Technologies, including all major browsers, email delivery, accessibility tools, and challenges such as low bandwidth, proxy servers, content filters, and firewalls.
- No fear of logs—you can jump in and attempt to decipher any log file from any application; for example, within Windows Event Logs, Installer Logs, LMS Debug Logs, Tin Can API Communication logs, Fiddler logs, and DxDiag logs.
- Basic understanding of corporate networks and security protocols.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- You aren’t afraid to jump into tense situations, and you love turning frustrated customers into successful advocates.
- You love to help everyone: customers, peers, and the neighbor down the street.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and can convey complex concepts concisely and clearly to customers with professionalism, empathy, and excellent grammar and spelling.
- You are positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, patient, and confident. You are passionate about solving the toughest problems.
- You have experience working from home or in an environment with a lot of autonomy
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 800,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!