Senior Technical Writer, Editor
Senior Technical Writer Editor
- 6314 Remote/Teleworker US
Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Technical Writer Editor Senior role located in Austin, TX. This role may be worked remote from your home office. Must be located in the United States. Required Work Hours are in Central Standard Time, Monday- Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with, but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and ITOPS IO templates to support project documentations. In support of this effort, will be required to update or create project documents including project installation, modification, administration support guide, version description, interface requirements/guide, administrative support guide, troubleshooting guide, user/analyst guide, physical and logical layer diagrams, and other necessary project documentation.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
Technical Writer Editor Senior role supports a number of technical and business staff responsible for onboarding data through applications and systems into an enterprise command center capability with event monitoring, system and applications health dashboards, integration with event alerting against infrastructure or application/system performance that allows visibility into event management across hundreds of VA applications and systems.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Working as part of agile work team utilizing Service Now visual task boards to identify requirements, assign actions, action agents and move requirements from the planning and estimation plan to completion across pre-defined work sprints.
- This position will work as part of a team that is responsible for creating fact sheets on the applications and systems defining critical work flow, error reporting triage and trouble ticket resolution, establishing and refining system baselines, documenting plans and processes associated with application and system attributes such as foundational infrastructure, critical business transactions, key performance metrics.
- Preparing for and participating in User Acceptance Training, on-site table top demonstrations of applications and system monitoring and reporting tools, working with systems owners and technical staff, business and technical points of contact to document and update all related infrastructure and system/application attributes.
- Concise documentation for robust software, sound processes, and program documentation are critical to ensuring delivery of the services provided by VA programs.
- Support the implementation of new projects and upgrades to existing projects by developing and delivering technical documentation for the project and facilitating collaboration by establishing meeting locations, shared workspaces, agendas and meeting records.
- Utilize currently installed ITOPS IO documentation tools such as; Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and ITOPS IO templates to support project documentations.
- Required to update or create project documents including project installation, modification, administration support guide, version description, interface requirements/guide, administrative support guide, troubleshooting guide, user/analyst guide, physical and logical layer diagrams, and other necessary project documentation.
- All documents shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for review and acceptance.
- Responsible for editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Creating a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools.
- Required to meet with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Able to explain scientific language and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Contract Requirement
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Oral and written communications, technical writing, editing and final document reviews. Ability to work across business and technical staff and leadership to understand and interpret requirements, work plans, priorities and schedules
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- A Senior Technical Writer/Editor must have experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Must have experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools.
- Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Prior VA experience and recent VA credentialing (e.g. recent on-contract work).
- Understanding of VA critical business systems for delivering Veteran health and financial benefits.
- Ability to quickly assess and understand critical business systems and associated business transactions to articulate application and system attributes, owners, technical POC, associated performance metrics, event management and application/system key performance indicators.
- Ability to research and follow existing policy and process and make recommended enhancements to continuously improve and streamline processes that enhance the organizations ability to reduce time, cost or coordination across multiple groups while still meeting regulatory requirements.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
- Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Writing and Editing
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!