Senior UI Engineer
The URBN Engineering team is responsible for building the front-end experiences that power URBN’s major brands: Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Free People. Our challenges range from writing algorithms which serve personalized landing pages to solving the complex UI data structures of our product detail pages. We work closely with embedded product, user experience and design teams to build performant and cutting-edge e-commerce experiences for our customers.
We’re looking for talented and self-motivated front-end software engineers to join our engineering group. Do you love building beautiful, performant, accessible, and standards-compliant websites? Us too! Do you love learning, iterating, and solving new challenges? That’s perfect! We have the unique task of improving customer experiences across e-commerce and brand experiences every day. Have you ever wanted to contribute to a code base used by millions of customers? Do you want to be part of a team that gets to improve upon that code base based on the results of user testing, data gathering, and performance audits? We think it’s a unique and rewarding endeavor and if you do too, we’d love to hear from you!
- Implementing and maintaining the web user interfaces that power all URBN Brands from a single code base.
- Taking pride in writing code that is readable, maintainable, well tested, and documented
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Performance, scalability, and accessibility are top of mind. Finding ways to weave improvements in these areas into all of our work is a must.
- Staying up to date on the latest coding standards and practices and find ways to apply them to our daily work.
- General familiarity with browser APIs
- A foundational understanding of the HTTP protocol (status codes, http verbs)
- Understanding of state management methods and implementation
- Able to implement best practices for SEO and Accessibility across many devices
- Comfortable using developer tools, IDEs debugging and third-party tools such as Google’s Lighthouse to optimize web page and code performance
- Experience writing cross-browser compatible code (back to IE 11)
- A firm understanding of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Familiarity with responsive web design patterns in semantic HTML/CSS
- CSS and JS preprocessing like SASS / Babel
- Comfortable using Git and Github and familiar with the pull request process
- Experience with writing universal/isomorphic web applications using Node
- Experience with Vue/React, Vuex/Redux, Webpack
- Experience writing and using RESTful web services
- Jenkins Build Automation, Jenkins pipelines, Jenkins2 a plus
- Device and browser testing using automation (testcafe/webdriver.io)
- Practices graceful, thoughtful, and effective peer review
- Open to being mentored and/or mentoring others on the team
- Enjoys pair programming and presenting tech topics to the team
- Active in the open source community
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
Location: US Locations Only
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!