Senior Vice President, Software Engineering
SVP, Software Engineering
- ENGINEERING – ECOMMERCE
The SVP, Engineering will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Serta Simmons Bedding digital(e-commerce) portfolio inclusive of Tuft & Needle, Serta, Simmons and Beautyrest. The team is comprised of 30 professionals across project management, front-end, full-stack engineering, infrastructure, architecture. This role will guide best practices and processes around organizational design, technology selection, QA, project management and more. This technologist will champion product vision and direction as well as technical vision and direction to ensure the organization is aligned with the strategy of the enterprise, and that the group is capable of continual iteration and testing. We want to ensure that product and technical investment decisions are made for site architecture and scalability as well as to enable product that will attract traffic and inspire engagement and loyalty.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership and technology general management experience with both a product focused team as well as with an executive team, and have previously built robust, scalable platforms that allow for a team to rapidly innovate. This executive should be well versed and have tenured experience to provide execution and product planning and continue to foster the growth of a highly scalable and mission critical environment. Additionally, the SVP, Engineering should be well versed in the following areas: web application design and engineering, mobile, architecture, application performance monitoring, alerting and operational support systems.
The SVP, Engineering will be responsible for bringing vision, energy, passion, commitment and high quality of management to this fast-paced environment. This will require strong leadership capabilities, and a hands on mentality. Most importantly, this executive must be able to collaborate with all members of the executive team to translate the business priorities of the company into a technical agenda and be an excellent communicator between the business and the tech team. This executive is responsible for driving increased sales through the digital channel and increasing product velocity.
- Create, guide and manage all parts of the company engineering organization; nurturing a culture that inspires high levels of performance and accountability
- Balance the need for innovation with the development requirements and process of our product deployment
- Define the overarching design, analysis, test and certification approach
- Prioritize and allocate budget and resources for the engineering team
- Define annual goals and pro-actively analyze metrics to drive process improvements throughout the team
- Collaborate with members of the executive team to balance and achieve company goals
- Provide strong communications about project status to the executive team
- A visionary leader who can adapt and drive innovation and performance as the company goes through rapid growth
- Demonstrated success leading an E-commerce/Retail organization with multiple functional areas, including new technology projects versus legacy systems
- Thorough understanding of certification requirements
- Ability to drive accountability appropriately within the organization, especially in service to schedule, scope and cost
- Strong bias for action, and excellent problem solving skills across multidisciplinary sets
- Demonstrable experience selecting, managing, developing and motivating technically diverse teams
- Represent the company to the highest standards and report effectively to the CEO and senior management team on Engineering strategy, performance and forecast
- Ecommerce Leadership: 10+ years software engineering background with an understanding of how to drive results in the consumer goods space; with 5+ years specifically in e-commerce
- Team Leadership: Deep experience guiding cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical pros to drive and deliver on our vision; utilizing data to set and monitor goals, measure success, and provide visibility into team performance
- Business Drivers Leadership: Cultivated understanding of e-commerce business drivers, as well the ability to interpret web analytics to implement/drive strategy
- P&L Leadership: Proven track record of leading business strategy, commercial planning, and delivering results
- Change Leadership: Experience leading through transformation; thoughtfully and effectively
- Talent Builder: Passion for assessing, attracting and developing top talent with a keen focus on diversity, inclusivity and belonging
- Personal Leadership: Demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate without exceptional teams
YOU’LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people. You’ll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We’re very proud to work with each other. We’re shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product. Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits. We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!