Senior Web App Developer
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
As a Senior Web App Developer on our first run team, you’ll work with designers, backend developers, and fellow frontend developers to build fluid, accessible, and responsive interfaces that customers love. The first run team focuses on the sign up and trial period for customers, adding education and improving the user experience.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working in a UX focused environment and a passion for crafting experiences that customers love.
- The ability to participate in the complete lifecycle of a feature, including contributing to planning, development work, and responding to customer feedback.
- Someone with a great understanding of developing for the web. Naturally, we expect semantic HTML markup and team-friendly, reusable Sass, as well as an eye for accessibility.
- A background building large-scale web applications and proficiency in React, TypeScript, and other modern web technologies.
- Experience designing and maintaining APIs that scale.
- Experience creating components for a new design system in collaboration with design team.
- Experience consolidating and replacing existing UI with new components across existing products.
- Experience creating a design system library for components including tests and Storybook management.
- Ability to offer feedback to other developers on the team and experience in reviewing and improving code.
- Self-starting and self-driven: You should be comfortable starting your own projects, maintaining them, and doing it all autonomously. You maintain a high level of ownership, attention to detail, and have a knack for organizing processes.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with A/B tests and analyzing their results.
What you can expect in your first month:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses and get to know the team you’ll be working with.
- Become familiar with the web app’s architecture, its major functions and limitations, and high-level goals and design.
- Develop an understanding of the app’s build process and how to work in our codebase: TypeScript, React, ReactRouter, writing unit and integration tests, 1Password in-app messaging style, localization, etc.
- Carry some small tasks from existing issues all the way into production.
- Begin filing new issues based on observed bugs or opportunities for improvement.
What you can expect by month 2:
- Take on larger issues: These will likely be issues where the effort is higher but the solution has already been laid out.
- Begin reviewing others’ Merge Requests. Part of this will happen naturally by pairing with other members of the team before code gets to an MR.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Take the lead on a large dev cycle task. You will be responsible for determining the direction of the task and ensuring that the expected timeline is either met or adjusted as you learn more about its complexity.
- Advocate for improvements to product UX and overall quality.
- Provide mentorship for junior and intermediate developers on the team.
- Identify areas where we can improve not just our code but our development process and/or tools.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!