Shopify Development, Team Lead
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Noticed. Not to stroke our own egos, but, we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work really hard to support our clients.
Based in Philadelphia, Noticed, a digital commerce, optimization, and marketing agency built for Direct-to-Consumer health, wellness, and active lifestyle brands.
As a Lead Frontend Developer your Core Responsibilities will include being able to:
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of Frontend Developers
- Take an active role in client escalation
- Hold Weekly 1-on-1 meetings with all direct reports to have a pulse on how your team is doing
- Manage and monitor team utilization to ensure capacity availability.
- Hold Quarterly reviews with all direct reports to assess their performance, growth, and goal settings
- Code Review of direct reports
- Provide consistent feedback for both positive reinforcements as well as necessary constructive feedback
- Take a lead role in the hiring process of the development team – this includes planning and executing the entire training/onboarding process when bringing on a new team member
- Create and continually improve internal development processes and procedures
- Leading technical discovery workshops
- Create interactive sites via Shopify for our most complex clients
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use, optimization, and scalability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs
- Convert technical requirements and UI mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS
- Assist Conversion Strategy department to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Rigorously educate yourself with the latest development techniques and best practices
- Communicate solutions to team members and clients both verbally and in written documentation
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Being heavily involved with the sales process
- Acting as a technical liaison between the development team and all other departments as well as clients
- Completing scope estimation for proposals
To be successful in this role, you’ll already have:
- 5 – 7 years of experience as Frontend Developer
- 2+ years of agency or equivalent experience
- Have experience with managing and mentoring a team of front-end developers
- Work well both independently and in cooperation with others
- Have a sense of ownership for your work and the product
- A strong passion for front-end architecture as well as a driven attitude towards learning new web technologies
- An excellent ability to convert design mockups into interactive digital experiences
- A solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Passionate about your craft and ecommerce
It’s a bonus if you also:
- Have eCommerce development experience (Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc.)
- Understand conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, A/B testing, etc.)
- Are familiar developing with CSS pre-processors (SCSS, SASS, etc.) and architecture patterns like BEM, SMACSS, or other
- Have knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Are experienced integrating dynamic content solutions with AJAX or API Services
- Challenge convention
What can Noticed offer me?
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Vested Phantom Stock Options
- We offer healthcare benefits and contribute 70% to employee premiums.
- We provide 23 days of paid time off and observe 10 company holidays.
- We have Summer Fridays, where employees can complete their Friday afternoon work earlier in the week and take a half-day on Fridays!
- We actively curate a monthly and yearly team culture calendar.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and foster an inclusive environment. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply to our positions.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!