Manager, Crimson Quarry (Indiana Hoosiers) – Contractor
at Vox Media
Vox Media contributors thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media’s SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a new steady hand, and that’s where you come in.
Crimson Quarry, the SB Nation blog covering the Indiana Hoosiers, is looking for a new Manager.The Manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Indiana athletics news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
Our best Managing Editor candidates will:
- Have a passion for theHoosiers and news and will already be familiar with Crimson Quarry.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you want to join the team at Crimson Quarry, and a sports-related writing sample. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items as specified.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!