Software Engineer – AWS, AI, Python
Software Engineer (AWS, AI, Python) Remote available
- Job ID: R-3250
- Job Category: Technology
- Location: Hartford, CT
- Additional Locations: Hunt Valley, MD, St Paul, MN, or Nationwide, Remote
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
- Target Openings: 1
Job Description Summary
Are you comfortable working with product managers, designers, and business partners to deliver high quality, reliable and maintainable code? Do you have the desire to work on a team focused on continuous improvement? Then Claim Business Intelligence Technology is the place for you, here you will join a team dedicated to the happiness of our customers.
We’re dedicated to enabling our technology systems to be as intuitive, delightful, automated, and resilient as our customers expect them to be. Our agile teams are charted to create the tools that help our employees do their best work and relentlessly improve our Claim Handling platforms.
Every day in Claim Technology allows you the freedom to be open-minded, creative, and self-critical; you will also have the opportunity to be collaborative and communicative amongst other product managers and developers. You and your team will also have the autonomy to experiment, especially in the spirit of agile do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don’t work. Join us to constantly challenge yourself to learn as technology evolves.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies leveraging technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives.
- Responsibilities include performing complex analysis, expert level design, configuration and programming functions for impactful and visible projects.
- Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents.
- Assesses the technical viability of projects and objectives.
- Acts as a technology advocate and independently seeks opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business.
- Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the enterprise ensuring the best use of resources.
- Provides technical leadership, fosters a team environment, and provides mentorship and feedback to technical resources.
- Manages the effective use of line of business resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives, and/or problem resolution
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Ensures project team’s work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience
- Two years of programming/development experience
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience working on data engineering and analysis of complex data (structured and unstructured data sets)
- 3+ years working with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.) in an enterprise environment
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as Python, R etc. preferred
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience designing and delivering highly usable software that satisfies the business requirements
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Design and Development of Transactional, ODS, Data Warehouse and Data Marts applications
- Build data pipelines to support repeatable and scalable data acquisition and data integration of various types and complexity (structured/unstructured data, audio, images, etc.), cleansing and rational organization of data into data sets to support experimental AI work leveraging a variety of Cloud programming techniques
- Builds, tests, and implements moderately complex analytic business processes, including pilots and proof of concepts
- Collaborates to develop strategic data solutions including transformation logic, rules, tables, as well as business requirements, governance, and specifications
- Experience in creating and operationalizing Data Products while maintaining core data management competencies Data Governance, Data Security, Data Quality
- Assist in training business users on Artificial Intelligence data
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects
- Understand and works within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols and Continue to develop insurance and business intelligence knowledge while learning how work assignments address business issues
- Incorporate core data management competencies data governance, data security, data quality into work product
- Share knowledge and Independently train users on data products/analytic environment when necessary
- Frequently presents and translates complex information in relevant business terms
- Understanding of both relational and modern databases and corresponding query language such as SQL
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs
- Experience with Cloud native application development, Cloud deployment, and Cloud application refactoring
- Understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology (e.g. Amazon Web Services, EC2, Lambda, Glue, Athena)
- Experience with one or more Data platforms (e.g.: Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
- Exposure to building data pipelines utilizing technologies and frameworks (Python, Scala, Java)
- Exposure to writing Shell/Perl scripts in LINUX, Power shell in Windows a plus
- Must demonstrate a proactive nature with willingness to contribute, collaborate and work in an agile team environment
- Curiosity of or experience with agile and lean philosophies.
- Exposure with DevOps implementation practices
- Preferred qualification of a bachelor’s degree and further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another technical related field
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- Strong communication skills and ability to create professional presentations and present to peers and management
- Effective written and verbal communication skills adapted to the intended audience
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- May occasionally require weekend or evening hours.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!