Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for a generalist with a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals to make Figma’s Infrastructure platform secure, powerful and fast. You’ll be combining industry best-practices and first-principles approach to design and build scalable Infrastructure systems and services that power Figma’s design and collaboration tool. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space. Check out this recent blog post for a deeper dive into Infra @ Figma!
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and operate scalable backend systems and services that power Figma’s innovative tool for design and collaboration.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Work with engineers across the company to build innovative new features that operate at scale.
- Help debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
What We Value
- 2+ years of experience building infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems.
- You are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure.
- You care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan mindset and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism.
- You have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action.
- You have excellent technical communication skills.
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!