Software Engineer Intern (2021)
At Figma, we tackle a wide range of technical challenges: from designing powerful but accessible features in a complex stateful application, to scaling a realtime web service to hundreds of thousands of users. We work across many stacks and technologies, but we don’t expect anyone to know them all! Most of our engineers specialize in one area of our stack, while still being flexible enough to pick up new languages and make changes across systems when needed. As a member of our team, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills.
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals and a track record of high quality engineering. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture – you can read more about our engineering values on our blog. If you’d like to join us on our mission to make design accessible to all, let’s talk!
What you’ll be doing:
- Be fully embedded onto an engineering team and assigned technical projects that directly relate to your team and team goals
- Work closely with your mentor and team as well as collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and QA to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines
- Build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Ship your project/s by the end of your internship!
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least one previous software engineering internship
- Solid technical knowledge including CS fundamentals and data structures
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions
Past intern projects:
Read more about our team:
- Figma’s Series D Round!
- Figma’s engineering values
- Dylan Field: This Week In Startups
- Figma Musical! (Quarantine edition)
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!