Software Engineer, Mac
Software Engineer, Mac – Duo Security
- LOCATION: Austin, Texas, US
- ADDITIONAL LOCATION(S) Ann Arbor, MI, or Detroit, MI, or remote
- AREA OF INTEREST Engineer – Software
- JOB TYPe: Professional
- TECHNOLOGY INTEREST Security, Software Development, Testing
- JOB ID 1299998
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world’s most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What we’ll do together…
As a Software Engineer on the Local Auth Engineering Team, your initial focus is on macOS working with a team of professionals sharing a common goal to democratize security. We strive to make security simple to understand and easy to use in our Mac and Windows OS integrations within this team.
You can expect to be constantly learning and also teaching. Our engineers, at all levels, lead projects and initiatives and bring our teams along with them. We value inclusion, empower autonomous thinking, and emphasize software craftsmanship. We live our values within a development culture of collaboration, testing, CI/CD, data-driven decisions, and professional development. We prioritize team success highest and tend to swarm on sprint work to meet our shared goals.
Skills you have…
- 2+ years professional experience with Objective-C or Swift
- Previous examples of delivering working software to end users through the App Store and keeping up with OS updates (iOS or macOS) for multiple cycles
- Examples where you made considerations resulting in writing high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
- Examples of writing automated tests to validate functionality
- Examples where you used code reviews as an opportunity to learn together and improve quality and security.
- Bonus Points for: Expertise in iOS or macOS security, working with device authentication, cryptography, or Swift migration strategies.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You work best within an empathetic team passionate about a common goal.
- You are happy when your end-users are happy and frustrated when they are frustrated.
This job may not be for you if…
- You prefer working alone and rarely seek input or learn from your teammates.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is and possibilities.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
- You aren’t looking to take your career to the next level at a best-in-class SaaS company.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together. If this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!