Software Engineer, Support Operations
Software Engineer, Support Operations
Location: Remote – Global
GitHub prides itself for providing industry-leading support to our Enterprise and Developer customers. The Support Operations team is comprised of engineers and program managers that work to reduce support issues by proactively identifying issues in the product, escalating any issues that arise to product and engineering in some situations and in others, build and ship fixes in the GitHub.com and GitHub Enterprise Cloud and GitHub Enterprise Server products. We’re looking for an experienced, empathetic engineer with a strong commitment to supporting our customers.
- You will build tools and integrations that provide a seamless customer support experience
- You will document any tools or integrations you build
- You will work closely with Program Management to identify and implement tools and processes that reduce support ticket volume or ticket resolution time
- You will collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to fix bugs and implement features that reduce customer issues
- You will strategically work with Product and Engineering teams to advocate for all Support teams and our customers
- You will participate in escalations from the support team and help prioritize fixes with the Engineering teams
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those across the entire Support organization
- 10 + years experience developing web applications, Linux system administration or technical support
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A strong sense of empathy for our customers and team supporting them
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiarity with some flavor of production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM)
- Experience with Ruby and Go based back end systems, or something similar and a willingness to learn
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together as individuals and in teams to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!