Software Quality Advocate
Olo seeks a Senior Software Quality Advocate to join our engineering team and help us take the next steps toward whole team quality. You’ll be embedded with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products and committed to a multi-faceted approach to product quality, and also contribute to large cross-team initiatives that require a coordinated approach to quality.
Quality Advocates at Olo do more than test. We partner with Automation Engineers to implement a comprehensive quality approach within our engineering teams.
This is a full-time position. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinating cross-team test initiatives with QE engineers on other teams. Teamwork is how we roll at Olo.
- Reporting on test coverage, deficits, and effectiveness for your team’s components…metrics are cool!
- Implementing creative approaches to software testing that accelerate software development.
- Representing the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development.
- Collaborating with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
- Analyzing complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns, and be able to articulate a test strategy.
- Providing clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments.
- Partnering with developers and product owners to adapt Whole Team Quality (WTQ) practices to your team’s unique needs.
- Offering creative solutions in a rapidly evolving environment.
What We’ll Expect From You
- You’ve got strong opinions on software testing and general software quality concepts. Examples get you bonus points
- You love software testing and thrive on making software better
- You could write a strong test case in your sleep
- Applying testing heuristics is always a part of your test strategy
- Server logs, database queries and deploying code do not scare you
- You’ve got a technical degree or comparable industry experience
- You’ve been in an agile testing role for many years, with a track record of success
- You thrive in a rapidly changing and evolving environment and take initiative to make things better
- You’re comfortable discussing product requirements with product owners and testing approach with developers
- You can write test documentation that is easily understandable and receives praise from co-workers
- US Resident and Legal right to work in the U.S.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!