Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper
Bookkeeping for Dentists LLC is a blend of custom software and super passionate people. We are a very tech savvy and modern bookkeeping firm specializing in dental practice benchmarking. We have over 100 clients whom we love and our #1 priority each day is the quality in our work. To achieve high quality, we utilize technology to the fullest and find ways to make every bookkeeping task as streamlined and automated as possible so we can focus on quality in our work and our relationships with clients.
POSITION WE NEED TO FILL:
With the immense growth this past year after developing our online web application, we need a personable Staff Accountant to assist with onboarding and cleaning up bookkeeping for new clients. Your primary function is to interface with potential and new clients as an onboarding accountant. You will be supporting them in the transition, answering bookkeeping related questions and helping new clients get started with us by gathering the items we need start, then you will be setting up and or cleaning-up their bookkeeping. We will train you in easy stages and taking new client calls will be the last stage, so don’t be nervous, you’ll be a pro by then.
ROOM TO GROW:
There is room for growth in this position. You could be our onboarding accountant forever, or you can later head into other roles as we quickly grow. The choice is yours.
The position is 100% remote (work from home) because our entire team is also 100% remote. You will be working directly under the founder, 40 hours per week. Health insurance and 401k benefits are also provided.
IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS (Read Carefully):
- You MUST be SUPER personable with both email and phone calls.
- You must be an excellent conversationalist, professional, and upbeat attitude consistently.
- You MUST have a college degree in accounting (4 years)
- You MUST have more than 2 years of public accounting (CPA Firm) experience
- You must be fantastic with figuring out online/desktop software applications.
- You must have a quiet room with a door, computer, and high-speed internet
- Right-hand person to the founder with a mission to efficiently support new clients onboarding for bookkeeping services.
- Take the phone calls scheduled with potential clients (all inbound and scheduled, never out-bound) and help them get started
- Gather “getting started” items needed from new clients
- Ability to clean up disastrous bookkeeping or start books from scratch for new clients
- Light sales/marketing tasks
BONUS FUNCTIONS: (if you are an impressive candidate)
- Marking/sales support
- Streamline onboarding processes (find bottlenecks and develop solutions)
- Develop client relationships
SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- QuickBooks Online (You will use this daily)
- QuickBooks Desktop (we don’t use desktop often)
- Microsoft Office (We use Office 365)
YOU WON’T BE DOING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING (below):
- No Taxes… seriously, none.
- A/R: we don’t do A/R or collections
- Bill paying: we don’t offer any bill paying or check writing for our clients
- Payroll: we don’t do payroll, but we assist clients by answering payroll questions and reconciling transactions to payroll reports.
WHAT TO SEND US:
Please send a resume with cover letter. The cover letter should not be a generic cover letter you send everyone. Make it specific to the job, and explain why you’d be the right candidate. Be yourself.
Apply to: email@example.com
We suggest creating a LinkedIn profile if you don’t have one. We give significant points for LinkedIn
Location: US Locations Only
Salary range: $45,000 – $55,000 commensurate with experience
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!