SAN FRANCISCO, USA OR NEW YORK, USA
OPERATIONS – FINANCE
EMPLOYEE – FT
Change.org is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team of talented finance professionals who are working to bring positive change to the world.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company) and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world, with 80m monthly users; 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month; 175 staff; and a new revenue model that has grown by 500% in 2 years. We are growing fast, and executing on a plan to deepen and scale the social movements on our platform, from strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; to bringing down the price of insulin across the United States; to fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil. Learn more about our impact and operations in our 2018 impact report.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, hands-on generalist who is capable of taking on responsibilities right across our Accounting work. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial accountant to gain exposure to the full range of accounting work in a global organization.
Specifically, this position will begin by taking primary responsibility for the company’s Accounts Payable (AP) work, and over time will be more involved in all other aspects of our accounting work, such as balance sheet reconciliations, month-end close activities and financial reporting, cash management, and other special projects as needed.
This role will report directly to the Director of Accounting and is based in our San Francisco office. Our team looks into challenges that the company faces and solves them with a systematic process-oriented approach. We need a problem solver who can think critically about our internal processes and drive long-term solutions for the company. You’ll work alongside 8 super talented individuals that will inspire and challenge you to think about how accounting can contribute to the business decisions.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Maintain company credit card program to ensure compliance with company policy and timely reporting.
- Review all vendor bills to ensure proper GL and department coding in Bill.com
- Prepare and execute weekly payments for invoices and expense reports, wire transfers and ACH to ensure timely payments.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP.
- Execute and maintain process documentation, and process improvements implementation.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and implement enhancements that will ultimately improve the overall efficiency of the Accounting process and procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information to customers on an ad hoc basis
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities, calendar and deliverables, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and flux variance analysis.
- Assist with annual audit and process control testing.
This describes you:
- 1-3 years of hands-on accounting experience with strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Relevant qualifications in accounting or finance, such as BS Accounting, BS Finance, CPA, or CMA.
- Analytically strong, and comfortable using spreadsheets to manipulate data (we use excel and google sheets)
- Well-organized: able to track multiple deliverables and responsibilities against due dates
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A strong drive and motivation to learn, and full of optimism about the positive change you are bringing to the world around you.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Experience with audits or AP
- Experience with the tools we primarily use: bill.com and netsuite
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
This is a full-time opportunity. Our preference is to hire in one of our office locations (San Francisco, New York, Victoria Canada), however we’d consider strong applicants working remotely across the US or Canada. Our team is high impact, low ego, and has a truly unique and supportive culture.
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team, and we want to hear from you. Remember, no one comes with the entire complement of skills, and no one is the perfect candidate, so don’t let a lack of experience/ skill in one specific area deter you from applying.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!