ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
We’re not just a business, Happy Money is a Movement. As the leader in the financial mindfulness category, we deliver digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™. We do this through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 150,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a staff accountant you will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting team who handle many of the day to day activities. You love and notice the little details and want to grow your skills in Accounting. Beyond the details, you’ll be dealing with the big picture in the role as well as you articulate what’s happening in our business from an operating expense perspective. You’ll build a strong foundation for your communication skills as you’ll get to interact with key stakeholders all across the Company. You thrive in a community with other passionate thinkers, collaborating at every opportunity. This same collaborative spirit also extends into your desire to work cross functionally to complete deliverables and meet deadlines.
This position is 100% remote (US only), however you must be willing to work Pacific Standard hours.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare journal entries related to various transactional activities and assist with the maintenance of the general ledger
- Perform various month-end balance sheet and expense reconciliations. Research, identify and resolve reconciling items
- Participate in the monthly financial close, including journal entry processing, consolidations and general ledger account activity review to ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to accounting policy and GAAP as required
- Produce monthly internal and external financial reports as necessary
- Examine accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformity to accounting principles
- Analyze and identify key expenses through financial analysis including trend and actual vs. plan and month vs. month variances
- Adhere to appropriate policies, systems and procedures for the Corporate Accounting department to ensure the Company’s financial performance and results are reported accurately, timely and efficiently
- Safeguard the company’s assets, be alert for situations that could invite fraud
- Assist with A/P and A/R tasks as needed
- Assist with annual 1099 reporting process, including vendor record management, receipt of all W9s, and tracking
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, or other related fields
- Strong attention to detail with outstanding organization and prioritization skills
- Must demonstrate and model company values with internal and external customers
- Must have ability to anticipate busy schedules and communicate with other members of the organization/department to complete assignments on time
- Must demonstrate integrity in research/analysis and commitment to accuracy
- Must have high sense of urgency
- Must possess strong computer skills, including use of Excel
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong ability to work as a team member
BONUS POINTS FOR
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of NetSuite
- CPA/CPA candidate is a plus
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!