Title: Staff Accountant
- Location: United States
With Mitchell, Genex and Coventry now one organization, we’ve dramatically expanded our ability to deliver innovative services and technologies to our customers. We’ve also seen career opportunities within our combined organization grow. Each part of our organization helps people recover after a challenging event in their lives.
Mitchell delivers trusted software and services to the property & casualty claims, collision repair and risk management industries with technology-enabled solutions that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers. Coventry offers the nation’s largest and most diverse set of provider and ancillary networks focused on improving total overall outcomes.
Together, we bring a complete set of proven capabilities for our partners who require more than one-dimensional solutions. We combine innovative technology, insightful analytics and deep expertise to help them reach their ultimate goalrestoring lives.
Fully remote position unless candidate lives in San Diego, CA
At Mitchell, our Accountant assists in ensuring adherence to accounting policies and procedures in conformance with current GAAP and SEC guidance, and company standards. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments to ensure proper recognition of accounts in support of the month-end close.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts.
- Assist in the development and documentation of key processes and controls.
- Assist in maintaining prepaid and accrual schedules.
- Manage month end corporate allocations.
- Assist in the preparation and maintain fixed asset schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of intercompany journal entries and reconciliations.
- May assist in the preparation of technical accounting memos and narratives to support accounting treatment.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules in conjunction with the annual external audit.
- Maintain open lines of communication with stakeholders inside and outside Finance department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of related work experience, public accounting experience preferred (not required)
- Specific experience with pre-paids and accruals
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e vlookups, pivots, etc.)
- Possess excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Experience with international transactions, including foreign exchange transactions and intercompany reconciliations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!