- Remote – Anywhere
- Full Time
We are seeking an experienced technical lead to join a fast-paced product team building a complex software product used by one of the largest technology companies in the world. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive engineers, producers, and designers to contribute to the product vision and lead the development workflow. Together you will create an excellent and stable platform that not only meets the needs of our users but is also a joy to use.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work closely with the Executive Technical Director to maintain the overall product design and vision
- Collaborate daily with project managers to assist with communications and resource management
- Work side-by-side with the dev team, providing both guidance and assistance in the ongoing engineering work
- Be responsible for the successful execution and delivery of all technical aspects of the product
- Combine deep technical expertise with refined communication skills so as to regularly converse with a wide range of our users and stakeholders
- Be expected to fully understand and document the business and functional requirements of the product from a technical perspective
- Be responsible for tracking emerging requirements and feature refinements, and assessing their impact on the product roadmap, overall scope, and delivery timelines
- Be expected to pitch in with hands-on development and dev-ops work when required (and be excited to do so!)
- Have oversight over all written code, regularly perform code reviews, and be responsible for the overall health of the codebase
YOU MAY FIT THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Have extensive experience both practicing and leading professional software development
- Enjoy building complex products, applications, and websites
- Possess exceptional communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences
- Have hands-on fullstack experience, building both complex APIs and interactive UIs for large-scale and public-facing web properties
- Specialize in software design, code structuring, systems scaling, and application performance optimization
- Put high value in taking time to visualizing complex problems and predict the short- and long-term effects of each possible solution
- Take production systems seriously, and expect others to do the same
- Have a strong understanding of common back-end technologies, such as Python, Ruby, Java, Node.js, etc
- Have a strong understanding of common front-end technologies, such as Angular, React, etc
- Have used both SQL and NoSQL databases, and understand the benefits and shortcomings of each
- Evaluate all code from a security perspective, looking to prevent all vulnerabilities including XSS, injection attacks, etc
- Understand the value and liability of storing PII, and take the responsibility very seriously
- Cant imagine how anyone would ever build _anything_ without version control
- Understand how to use data collected through analytics to improve the user experience
- Know how to independently debug a complicated problem, and do so regularly
- Understand how to give effective and constructive feedback through code reviews
- Constantly learn new things, and enjoy both teaching others and being taught
- Understand the importance of testing, and how to write good tests
- Care deeply about the user experience, including performance and accessibility
- Value tight teamwork to achieve results that surpass a single individuals contributions
- Understand that every product/project requires an array of fields and talents, and respectful communication is a critical component in success
WHO ARE WE?
We are a technology company that connects people, products, and experiences in powerful ways. Our growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based across the US and globally. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity’s relationship with technology. If you’re the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, this is the place for you.
WHEN APPLYING, INCLUDE:
- A description of yourself – whats your background, interests, and experience? What are you looking for?
- Links to some code you’ve written (GitHub?) and/or other relevant written works (blog, tutorials, books?)
- A resume or something similar (LinkedIn profile, StackOverflow developer story, etc)
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!