Technical Support Associate
Tier 2 Technical Support Associate
- Remote OK
- Program Success
Minerva’s Support team aims to deliver a world-class support experience, ensuring that partners are able to teach effectively and with minimal disruption on Forum, Minerva’s learning platform. Support is provided during and outside of class, including assisting users – instructors and students – with any technical issues; answering questions about the platform; documenting bugs and resolutions; and escalating technical issues to Product Engineers as needed.
The Tier 2 Technical Support Associate will play a critical role in addressing higher order tasks on the team in addition to providing frontline support for live classes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observing live classes on Minerva’s platform
- Writing technical reports summarizing technical issues and resolutions
- Responding to questions via our support chat feature, LiveChat
- Answering Help Desk emails
- Triaging and escalating software bugs
- Investigating bugs and complex support questions
- Scheduling frontline support agents for shifts
Most support interactions take place via Slack, so we are looking for someone who can interact via typing in real time with a professional but friendly and empathetic manner. The role also offers the flexibility to work from home while gaining experience at a company that is an innovative education technology leader.
- Works well under pressure: All support agents respond in real time to incoming requests for help from both faculty and students during live classes
- Quick learner: The Tier 2 agent is expected to learn and understand processes, solutions, and best practices from existing documentation and guide users to implement those solutions
- Entrepreneurial perspective: We expect that the Tier 2 agent will identify, document, and address new tech or support issues not covered by existing documentation
- Tech savvy: Comfortable with writing technical reports and analyzing data
- Systematic thinker
- Perceptive: can recognize patterns
- Friendly, patient, and empathetic
- Ability to effectively communicate with users across many cultures
- Attention to detail
- Strong communicator — written and spoken
- Self driven and works well independently
- 1-2 years in a Support agent role for a tech company
- Fluent in English. Other languages a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Slack, Notion, Google Sheets, and Asana a plus
Founded in 2011, Minerva Project is the world’s leading educational innovator, preparing exceptional, lifelong learners to address the most complex challenges of our time. Minerva’s mission, to nurture critical wisdom for the sake of the world, is being pursued through its flagship university programs and select strategic partnerships. Minerva designs and delivers transformative educational programs to learners at multiple stages—from secondary school students to undergraduate and graduate degree candidates to working professionals and executive leaders.
Forum is Minerva’s core technology platform, delivering the world’s most advanced classroom in service of Minerva’s educational vision.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!