Technical Writer and Editor
Technical Writer and Editor
- USA-Remote Work
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The technical writer/editor will be part of a grants management and outreach team on a contract supporting the National Science Foundation (NSF). In addition, he or she may be asked to participate in business development activities on occasion.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit reports, operational procedures and manuals.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts.
- Review documents to ensure compliance and continuity with style guidelines.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Work with designated staff to publish document updates.
- Record and produce meeting minutes.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Review and recommend annual updates to Standard Operating Guides (SOG) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support accuracy, consistency, and relevance
- Review and recommend updates to SOGs/SOPs, coordinate and compile the collection of updates from organizations, assist organizations with preparing updates to the specific SOG sections as requested, update the award portfolio overview and key metrics, and develop/update tables and graphics as requested.
- Review and recommend edits and updates to guidance and other award monitoring and oversight documents.
- Update references, hyperlinks, instructions, and other relevant content and submit the revised documents.
- Provide a cover letter summarizing all recommended changes.
- Perform other related duties e.g., develop tracking and reporting tools, collect research and analyze data, internal and external communication support and outreach, document and policy impact reviews and recommendations, ad hoc analyses, and other technical support duties, as requested.
- Experience in technical writing and technical communications.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in prioritization and multi-tasking under strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or Instructional Design or related fields such as Communications, Journalism or Marketing.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word. Proficiency in other MS Office programs.
- Proficiency in Adobe Professional.
- Experience in outreach and/or marketing in the government sector a plus.
- Experience developing or supporting multimedia production a plus.
- Experience supporting training and curriculum development and delivery a plus.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!