Technical Writer Editor, Senior
Technical Writer Editor Senior
- 6314 Remote/Teleworker US
- Full time
Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Technical Writer Editor Senior role.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Technical Writer candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and ITOPS IO templates to support project documentations. In support of this effort, will be required to update or create project documents including project installation, modification, administration support guide, version description, interface requirements/guide, administrative support guide, troubleshooting guide, user/analyst guide, physical and logical layer diagrams, and other necessary project documentation.
- Editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Meeting with analysts and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Participating in project planning activities, scrum, stand-up meetings, and routine briefings.
- Recording meeting minutes and translates them into after-action reporting.
- Develop products tailored to senior technical and non-technical audiences to include business partners.
- Explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Developing end-user technical procedure documents, standard operating procedures (SOP), concept of operations (CONOPS), strategic planning presentations, training materials, and reports of both a routine and time-critical nature.
- Conducting detailed technical research and seamlessly integrate it in support of product development.
- Well versed Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio products.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 18 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must be experienced PowerPoint/Visio expert. Must submit examples of work.
- Experience with creating senior executive level presentations
- Must provide Technical Wring examples. Examples must be in Visio and PowerPoint.
- Experience with data drilldown and presentation within PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Federal contract requirement.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible
Potential for Telework: Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required: Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Writing and Editing
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!