Location: Syracuse, NY
Type: Full Time
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we’re a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We’re headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking a Technical Writer who will contribute to the company’s success by acquiring product knowledge with the express purpose of creating concise, accurate documentation for a particular audience. The writer’s deliverable may introduce, summarize, advise, update, or instruct. A deliverable’s audience may be external to the company (product end users or business prospects, for example), or internal to the company (product support representatives, software developers, or technical leads, for example). This position will either be based from our Syracuse, New York office or may be remote based on candidate location and experience.
- Create and revise reference and procedural documentation, product release notes, technical advisories, and related client communications – in ‘for print’ and online formats
- Research products, features, processes, industry concepts and technologies – using product requirements and design specifications, hands-on product research, test cases, interviews, and related resources
- Design deliverables to audience, matching medium to message, content scope to purpose
- Guide deliverables through content reviews, revisions, and approvals
- Contribute and adhere to documentation style guide and procedures
- Collaborate with software engineers, analysts, designers, system administrators, product managers, product support staff, and other business stakeholders
- Provide feedback on the deliverables of other Technical Writers
- Provide editorial assistance to Marketing, Product Design, and other departments as needed
- Report project statuses regularly and proactively as needed
- Participate in project team meetings, product requirements meetings, and other meetings as needed
- Adhere to all company standards, including security protocols and accurate time tracking
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years full-time experience with “Technical Writer,” “Technical Editor,” or a comparable job title
- B.A./B.S. in writing, communications, or a comparable discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Professional grade writing skills – grammatically sound, organized, precise, purposeful language
- Process experience – systematic, iterative, version-controlled, and quality-controlled output
- Authoring tool experience – FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Flare, or comparable tools (experience with the Microsoft Office suite is assumed)
- Production experience – the mechanics of styles, templates, layout & design
- Image editing experience – Photoshop, GIMP, Visio, SnagIt, or similar tools
- Time management skills – work to a schedule, adjust scope, and manage shifting priorities
- Technical aptitude – digest complexity, discern assumptions, and create clarity, in-scope
- Experience with software development methodologies – issue management systems and software development life cycles
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Initiative – overcome challenges with minimal supervision, practice regular and continued self-education
- Interpersonal skills – rapport-building, productive interactions with a wide range of SMEs, all levels of employees; willingness and patience to teach others
- Due to the cyclical nature and delivery of software projects, remote evening and weekend work may be required (via high speed home Internet access)
- Distributed Systems, ecommerce, and mobile technologies
- API documentation
- HTML, CSS, web development
- Drupal or other CMS
- Agile development
Candidates must have a portfolio of technical writing samples and software documentation experience.
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tickets.com® is a technology solutions provider focused on sports and live entertainment. Our ProVenue® platform is a full service, integrated ticketing solution designed to enable entertainment and sports organizations to sell tickets to consumers under the client’s own brand.
First incorporated in 1995 and later rebranded as Tickets.com in 2001, the company was initially a merger of nine ticketing firms. After MLB® Advanced Media acquired Tickets.com in 2005 and instituted a new executive leadership team, the company continued to expand its prestigious client list in both North American and International markets.
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Tickets.com has regional offices across the U.S. and around the world, including Europe, Australia, and Asia. The ProVenue product line is scalable to serve all operations from professional sports and university athletics, arenas and attractions to museums and nonprofit theaters.
We believe in providing industry-leading technology and enabling venues to capture, retrieve and own their customer data. Unrestricted access to sales information, coupled with a client’s ability to sell tickets under their own brand, provides Tickets.com clients with a 360 degree view of customer buying habits and preferences. This level of insight allows clients to refine marketing strategies and forge long-term relationships with their customers.
Through strategy, partnership, and innovation, Tickets.com is on a mission to disrupt the ticketing industry. Our culture encourages collaboration, transparency, and the freedom to think outside the box. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, but we know we’ve only scratched the surface on what we can achieve.
Health & Peace of Mind: Personal Well Being: Financial Future:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- PTO- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Basic Life Insurance
- STO- Sick Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care FSA
- Optional Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Casual Dress Environment
- Company Sponsored Events and Tickets
- Employee Discounts- MLB.com shop, MLB TV and other recreation discounts
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!