Title: Technology Director
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Trans Lifeline is seeking a full-time Technology Director to oversee the technological infrastructure at Trans Lifeline, salary DOE. The position will be responsible for building, maintaining, and repairing technology systems. An ideal applicant will have the ability to utilize project management tools, possess strong decision making skills, and have the ability to collaborate with multiple departments.
This position typically reports to the Operations Director.
Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community, resources, and support they need to survive and thrive — building a resilient trans community through trans-led direct services.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee tech operations and supervise systems and tech staff
- Develop strategy and solutions as it relates to the organization’s security and technology infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems)
- In collaboration with the Operations Dept., develop, manage, and track the technology department’s annual budget
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of technology services by monitoring systems performance
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to tech department staff
- Run and oversee reporting and data queries
- 3 years experience as a full-stack developer in any languages/platforms
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Experience administering G Suite or Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of writing SQL queries to report on data and trends
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas: Cloud technology, website & application hosting
- Experience deploying and supporting Windows 10 systems
- Experience working in IT/Technology operations
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- A basic understanding of risk assessment and threat modeling, monitoring and responding to online threats and attacks
- Experience with Twilio and Heroku
- Fluency in Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with nonprofit and/or trans-led organizations
- Experience working on a dispersed team
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Experience supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to work with people from all walks of life Detail-oriented
This full-time position will be working remotely with optional office space for staff local to SF Bay Area. Some travel may be required when it is safe to do so. Compensation for this position will DOE, as well as generous health, vision, dental, sick time, and vacation time. Trans Lifeline is an equal opportunity employer. Transgender, gender non-conforming and intersex people, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants and formerly incarcerated people are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of Trans Lifeline not to discriminate in the employment of staff, or in the selection of volunteers, on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, financial status or HIV status. Trans Lifeline works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations.
We are here for the entire community of people who identify as trans. We find and celebrate the diversity within our community in our callers, volunteers and staff. When applying, please answer the questions as thoroughly as possible to help us learn the most about you and your involvement in the community. In the ‘full name’ section, you can enter the name you use (you do not need to enter your birth name).
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!