University Instructional Designer – North America
Cloudbeds University Instructional Designer
- Raleigh, NC
- Full Time
- Customer Success
Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across 24 countries and, altogether, we speak 17 languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer for Cloudbeds University – a new way to offer our customers training on our products with the intent of assisting them with their day-to-day activities. The Instructional Designer will be responsible for using theory and research to develop and deliver efficient and effective training materials and education initiatives. This individual will work closely with subject matter experts, a diverse range of formats, and multimedia production platforms. Other responsibilities include developing objectives, rewriting and reshaping content, and developing assessments. The Instructional Designers should have a firm grasp of how people learn, and excellent writing, communication, and collaboration skills. This individual must consistently demonstrate a strong service commitment by continually striving to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Location: North America (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Design and develop a variety of instructional materials for instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning aids or products, eLearning modules, and other programs as needed.
- Develop materials for courses based on information provided by subject matter experts and instructors to create the best coursework possible and to identify target audience’s training needs
- Effectively collaborate with key business stakeholders to understand content needs and learning objectives
- Redesign learning materials, including eLearning modules, instructor guides, user guides, workbooks, Google Slides, voice scripting, etc.
- Remain aware of all emerging instructional technologies and make recommendations about when to adopt certain systems to continue to offer the best learning experience possible
- Ensuring content matches established objectives by establishing feedback opportunities
- Train internal team members for continuous team growth
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, scripts, etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Contribute to learning program initiatives, operating with a continuous improvement mindset
You’ll Succeed With:
- Previous working experience in instructional design for 3+ years
- Experience in hospitality/travel industry is a major plus
- Degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Skills in creating e-learning modules and program material
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Ability to find new and exciting ways to present the necessary information to the audience
- Creating engaging pieces of training that are consistent with the Cloudbeds brand
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Passion for knowledge and creative thinking
- Ability to work with teams and communicate with different departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experienced video creator and editor who can produce great training and learning materials.
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem-solving
- Fluent/Native written and verbal language skills in English
- Note: This is a remote position that can be done anywhere
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an Open Paid Time Off (PTO) policy, personal and professional development for individual growth, and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!