User Interface Designer
Title: User Interface Designer
- Location: Remote, Anywhere in the United States
Envision Rx Options has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a User Interface / User Experience (UI/UX) Designer for portals, mobile solutions, customer service and other product lines. This position will be an integral part of an innovative and bold initiative that takes a modern approach of disciplined agile and lean software practices aimed at transforming Healthcare and Pharmacy. The UI/UX Designer is essential to ensuring product success and end-user satisfaction in a highly collaborative Agile/Waterfall/Scrum environment that includes regular stand ups with Developers. This Designer will join our Product Design Team and play a key role in establishing EnvisionRxOption’s approach to product design, making human-centered design a part of our organizational culture.
The UI/UX Designer position is responsible for taking a user-centered approach to design in finding the right solution for users as part of a small, cross-functional product team. You will help educate both business and technology teams on the UI/UX processes, as well as lead products from discovery through iterative delivery. A firm understanding of user-centered design principles and user research methodologies is crucial for success in the role.
- Plans and conducts user research, user testing and secondary research.
- Translates business requirements and user needs into tangible interaction designs through detailed user flows and wire frames.
- Lead/participate/collaborate in with all dimensions of design – research, usability evaluation, information architecture, wireframes, visual, CSS and HTML.
- Solve the right problem through the understanding of user needs in order to deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact.
- Embrace an Agile mindset and be willing to adapt and experiment with design process.
- Stay current on UI/UX design industry-best practices and trends.
- Stay current on UI/UX design industry-best tools and techniques.
- Bring a lean/iterative mindset; be open to different perspectives and creative in approach.
- Work with cross-functional teams and pair with everyone – other UI/UX Designers, Product Managers, and Product Engineers.
- Empathy, creative problem-solving, comfort with uncertainty, pairing with team members, excellent communication skills, curiosity and learning are the foundational characteristics of the UI/UX Designer.
- Participate in and leverage a Design System.
- Adept at creating UX/UI Design mockups in Sketch, Photoshop, Axure, etc., and being part of Scrum teams that have Product Architects and Product Engineers that will turn the mockups into prototypes.
- Experience with design collaboration tools; such as, Figma, Mural, etc.
- Experience working with modern front-end technologies and open source frameworks (e.g. Material Design, HTML/CSS, grid systems, responsive design).
- Can build Internal/in-house/back-end process UI/UX Corporate Tools, and UI/UX Desktop/App Tools, from scratch.
- Technical experience working with a Product Manager and being supported by a group of Product Architects and Product Engineers, all within a Scrum team, Agile environment, with regular stand-ups.
- Must have great interpersonal skills with ability to interact with cross-functional teams and navigate a matrixed organization.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Must have 5+ years of professional experience as an actual UI/UX Designer or User Research Designer.
- Must have 1+ years of experience working on internal employee/member-facing applications.
- Must have full end-to-end ownership of the entire UX lifecycle (from creating a UX concept/research, to interviewing internal stakeholders, through testing, re-testing, to implementation and go-live in production).
- Must have experience acting as an individual contributor and “one-person UI/UX shop” that has leaned on external 3rd party digital agencies for support.
- Strong preference for having worked within or with a $1 Billion+ organization with a large online/mobile/business solutions presence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Design is strongly preferred.
- Experience within the health plan and/or PBM market valuable.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!