Vice President of People Operations
VP of People Operations (SF, NYC, DC, remote)
Nava is a rapidly growing company at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a VP of People Operations to lead our employee experience and drive organizational management and change.
You’ll lead our HR and talent efforts, shaping the direction and structure of our organization as we grow. You’ll serve as an executive team member, setting and executing against strategic goals for staffing effectiveness and long-term employee retention. You will be responsible for setting the direction for our people management practice, defining structure for ongoing training and development of staff across the company. You will lead a small team of dedicated People Operations staff, managing direction and outcomes for manager training, recruiting, policy development, HR issues, onboarding, and ongoing staff development.
You are an accomplished HR leader and people manager, with deep exposure to organizational management and change. You are an empathetic leader that approaches your work with an outcomes-oriented mindset, and make thoughtful decisions while considering their impact across multiple teams. You know how to create scalable structures, when to roll up your sleeves yourself, and when to guide others to the right outcome.
What you’ll do
- Serve as an executive team member, contributing to organizational management and making strategic HR and hiring process decisions
- Provide input on strategic company goals
- Oversee and manage all People Operations employees, including Director of Talent and People Operations Generalist
- Link talent management and development w/ business strategy, especially in technical and leadership roles
- Manage strategies and direction-setting on HR initiatives and policies that uphold Nava’s values and improve long-term employee experience and retention
- Set direction for recruiting initiatives that are in line with Nava’s values to improve staffing effectiveness and diversity
- Foster a culture that is likely to attract and retain top talent
- Help Nava support groups and individuals who have been marginalized, underrepresented or excluded by creating a culture in which they can voice concerns, opinions and provide feedback (help us achieve our long-term D&I goals)
- Define consistent and equitable structures for compensation and performance evaluation as the company grows
- Set standards for people management across the organization, overseeing the development and training for new and experienced people managers
- Work closely with leadership and management across the organization on goals and strategies, and providing coaching and mentorship
- Iterating upon people operations practices (recruiting, performance assessments, onboarding, compensation) to enable us to scale
What we’re looking for
- Deep experience in HR leadership and management, including HRBP (HR Business Partner) experience
- 5+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience with fast-growing companies, with a bonus for experience within government contracting or professional service firms
- Experience leading or managing others in regards to recruiting, HR benefits and administration, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and policy creation
- Experience supporting individuals who have been marginalized, underrepresented or excluded via strong D&I programs
- Experience leading organizational management and change
- Experience training managers on core skills like effective feedback, conflict resolution, and coaching their reports for career development
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative leadership mindset
- A proven ability to establish consistency and equity within People Operations practices within a growing company or rapidly-evolving environment
- Excellent organizational skills and effective presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!