Video Editor / Content Producer
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe creativity?
The person we’re in search of will have intimate knowledge of WordPress, tied together with a dazzling bow of experience within content production.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a hands-on approach, as you’ll be working on various WordPress projects across WPMU DEV, CampusPress, and Edublogs, teaming up with our Documentation, Blog, Development, and Marketing teams to write and produce tutorials, explainers, and sales content – with potential to travel to WordCamps across the world to capture interviews, testimonials, and other promotional materials.
It’s your job to make sure we stand out from the rest. Do you have what it takes to be our Content Producer?
You will have excellent communication skills, a good eye for detail, experience of capturing screen recordings as well as working with and creating animation assets. You’ll also have a set up that is capable of creating tutorials, documentation, WordPress guides, and the ability to provide good American or other native English voice overs.
- Intimate knowledge of WordPress is essential
- Someone that can script inhouse
- The equipment and skills to produce content that fits the WPMU DEV brand
- Skilled at screen capturing, writing, and creating
- Capacity to turn out quality content quickly, and to continue improving existing content
- The ability to provide good American or other native English voice overs.
- High level of creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to capture still photography
- Television, film, photography, media studies or performing arts degree will be beneficial but not necessary
UNDERSTANDING THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE IS ADVANTAGEOUS:
- Google suite, Slack, and Jira for managing and organizing projects
- The Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects
- Screenflow, Camtasia, or other screen-recording and editing software
- We offer very attractive working conditions for the right candidate
- 28 days paid leave per annum (up to 35 days)
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences
- Long service leave (3 months off paid) after you’ve been with us for a while
- Up to 2 months salary bonus based on company growth targets
- Technology budgets every three years, the longer you serve, the higher the budget
- General expenses budget yearly, the longer you’re here, the more you get
All you have to do is submit 5 pieces of your best work along with a copy of your CV and the team will be back in contact within 5-10 working days, it’s that simple!
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
All you have to do is submit 5 pieces of your best work.
It would be beneficial if you could provide examples of WordPress related tutorial you have created, or at minimum, some kind of software or website walk-thru.
If you haven’t got any examples but you are super keen and know your WordPress, you could throw together a 60 second video on something WordPress related, maybe how to install a plugin, or change a theme. Do anything you like, we just want to see that you can make awesome video tutorials, can script and plan them out, and create the perfect masterpiece.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!