VP of Finance
Formstack is a 15-year-old company with roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span over 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced finance leader with deep FP&A expertise, a knack for strategic thinking and a track record of building high-achieving teams. Formstack’s successful VP of Finance candidate will be an energetic, analytical leader capable of understanding the company’s products, processes and strategy and devising scalable processes for analyzing and continuously improving the company’s performance. You’re detail-oriented, but also able to boil down data into clear, actionable insights and will work to find the right answers even with imperfect information or tight timelines. You’re a good communicator, a hands-on leader capable of building strong teams, and someone well-organized, capable of prioritizing and managing multiple processes, problems and relationships to assist stakeholders across the company all at once.
What You Will Do:
The VP of Finance will be responsible for all aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis and will be a trusted advisor to the CFO and the Formstack leadership team to ensure we’re collectively focused on the right critical success factors and are sharing one version of the truth as we seek to achieve our strategic and operational goals.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to) owning the annual operating plan (budget) process, producing accurate monthly forecast updates and recurring financial analyses, running periodic multi-year forecasting/strategic analysis exercises, taking a leading role in M&A due diligence and other cross-functional corporate development projects, collaborating heavily with accounting on month-end close, reporting and lender compliance processes, collaborating with legal and sales teams on deal review for customer and vendor contracts, and forging strong partnerships with functional leadership and business operations groups across the company to ensure a unified view of key priorities, metrics, trends, risks and opportunities.
How You Will Succeed:
- Build a high-performing FP&A team and scalable, efficient processes to constantly keep a “finger on the pulse” of the things most critical to the company’s strategy and success
- Be a clear thinker and communicator, capable of distilling large amounts of data and complex concepts into digestible, actionable takeaways for business leadership
- Strike a good balance between hands-on leadership and delegation, empowering your team while still ensuring timeliness, accuracy and professionalism of key deliverables
- Own month-end financial reporting, monthly forecast and annual operating plan (budget) processes, ensuring they are efficient, accurate and aligned with company goals
- Serve as a trusted financial advisor to business leaders and the C-Suite, helping them understand and react to strategically critical issues with ad hoc or “deep dive” projects where needed
- Lead periodic strategic analysis projects including multi-year forecasting, product roadmaps or business cases, prospective M&A analysis and due diligence and similar
- Prepare Board of Directors presentations, lender/investor decks, bank compliance materials, and other deliverables to effectively articulate company strategy and performance to Private Equity sponsors and other external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Sales and Legal teams on deal reviews and similar processes to ensure contracts are appropriately structured to balance business needs against accounting/billing and risk concerns
- Develop strong partnership with accounting team on achieving smooth and timely month-end close and reporting processes, and effectively monitoring AR, AP and other cash trends
- Practice good organization and time management, keeping multiple projects on track for successful completion at the same time
- Be a curious, self-motivated individual who constantly seeks to better understand and improve the Finance department and the company
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field; MBA is a very strong plus
- 7+ years of progressive experience in corporate finance/FP&A
- Minimum 4 years of team management experience, with demonstrated success developing high-achieving personnel and scaling and enhancing processes
- Previous track record of managing relationships and setting expectations at the C-Suite level and above; experience interacting with the Board of Directors is a strong plus
- Previous experience as owner of annual budget/operating plan process; demonstrated success guiding company to consistently meet budget and forecast targets
- Expert knowledge of all 3 financial statements and their inter-relationships –this role requires proficiency beyond the P&L
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling and strategic analysis, particularly ad hoc analysis that addresses tricky or open-ended questions
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working for a Private Equity-backed company
- Experience working for SaaS/technology-oriented companies, particularly ones in rapid-growth stage
- Previous experience building a finance/FP&A organization from the ground up
- Experience leading people in a remote-first work environment is a strong plus
- Significant experience contributing to or leading successful M&A projects, financing processes and similar corporate development initiatives
- Experience using Salesforce.com, Zuora, NetSuite, Looker and other related back-office or data analysis tools
Location: US locations only
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!